Sunday, December 11, 2016

December 11, 2016

While the sun was setting, I noticed that the sky was only partly obscured by clouds.  Cool, let's the the telescope out.

I got my Celestron 70 mm Travel Scope mounted to the Orion AutoTracker out to the back desk.  I was early; it was civil twilight, but I could see Venus in the south.  I brought it up and I could almost see a crescent.  I used both my 10 mm and 6 mm eyepieces.

The moon was in the east so I moved out to the driveway.  The 6 mm eyepiece did not fit the entire moon while the 10 mm had the moon about 1/2 of the view.

I only spent a few minutes viewing as the clouds were beginning to cover the sky.

Goals for the next clear night...

1)  Pleiades
2)  Use the binoculars - what is viewing with them like?

No comments:

Post a Comment